PD1880 with BGF A/T 265/65R18 vs Cooper zeon LTZ 255/55/R19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, once you out them on the car with new tires you will not have any buyers remorse! As to the tire, I noticed a difference between Brandon's and mine when it came to loose sand. Not sure if it was size or tread though.
I suspect that will be the case! :)

I just need to figure out tires. I really like mbw's set-up and he said that there is no rubbing at all in stock or access mode (I don't use the latter very much). He can also stow away the spare and just had to deflate it very slightly. I know he removed the heat shields, but I don't remember if that was necessary - have to look back.

I bookmarked a few threads on here about TPMS and tires, so I have a bit of time to do some research. I also want to look back at Umberto's truck to see again what the satin black Comps look like on the black design package. I do love my 19" split-spoke black design wheels, so I plan to keep them along with the Contis on them.

-David

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suspect that will be the case! :)

I just need to figure out tires. I really like mbw's set-up and he said that there is no rubbing at all in stock or access mode (I don't use the latter very much). He can also stow away the spare and just had to deflate it very slightly. I know he removed the heat shields, but I don't remember if that was necessary - have to look back.

I bookmarked a few threads on here about TPMS and tires, so I have a bit of time to do some research. I also want to look back at Umberto's truck to see again what the satin black Comps look like on the black design package. I do love my 19" split-spoke black design wheels, so I plan to keep them along with the Contis on them.

-David

Well, I just sent payment for five (5) satin black Compomotive wheels via PayPal. Of course, I have a little bit of buyer's remorse, but hopefully all will go well. Since the wheels are currently in stock, I will likely get them within a couple weeks. I need to order the TMPS units for the new wheels and tires. I'm going with 265/65R18 tires (I don't want any rubbing at standard height, so I may consider a different size?), likely the Goodyear Wrangers that mbw has, but also really like Brandon's BF Goodrich, though the Toyos that kaaae and Umberto have seem to have some excellent ratings. Oh goodness, decisions! :) I'm probably going to hold off until later October/November to get the tires anyway, so I have some time. I need to look back at previous threads.

-David

Hi David,
I sent my PayPal payment today in the morning. ( It should be called PainFul not PayPal). Anyway, money was sent and now waiting for update regarding my order status. I am really curious if PD1880 will still be manufactured or we both are getting what is left on the market.
So far I decided only on the size of the tires 265/65R18
I would like to see a thread where people who got compomotive wheels for LR4/ LR3 could share experience they had with their tires in particular terrain. Would anyone be interested in a thread like this?
Would you skip TPMS sensors if you were to put wheels only for off roading.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I sent my PayPal payment today in the morning. ( It should be called PainFul not PayPal). Anyway, money was sent and now waiting for update regarding my order status. I am really curious if PD1880 will still be manufactured or we both are getting what is left on the market.
So far I decided only on the size of the tires 265/65R18
I would like to see a thread where people who got compomotive wheels for LR4/ LR3 could share experience they had with their tires in particular terrain. Would anyone be interested in a thread like this?
Would you skip TPMS sensors if you were to put wheels only for off roading.
Congratulations! Barry e-mailed me that he got my payment and they would provide tracking numbers once they were packaged and sent. I have no idea if these are some left over stock or what, but it seems as though they may still be in production under different ownership or something.

I also want the 265/65R18 tires, though I am up in the air about my spare tire. I may just stick it on my roof rack instead of trying to stow it under the truck. mbw said he was able to get it up there by deflating slightly (TPMS were fine) and removing the heat shield.

I would love to see such a thread! I am looking at basically the BF Goodrich or Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. I like the latter because of the kevlar side walls and snow rating.

-David

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM