PD1880 with BGF A/T 265/65R18 vs Cooper zeon LTZ 255/55/R19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent Barry an e-mail asking him to clarify more about their stock. Since previous wheels were made to order, I asked him if they made a bunch previously and now have stock, etc.

I will let you all know what I find out. I am much more comfortable, especially with PayPal, and so far it's all been very positive. Very good customer service!

I am waiting for Barry to send me detailed payment info.
I did not know they had satin black in stock. Make sure it is confirmed before you order yours. I have Nara Bronze ( I think you have the same color) but I would like some more contrast between tires and rims so Anthracite gray is good for me. I asked Barry yesterday about color options and finishes and the only option available was anthracite gray.
Once I get all the info regarding a payment I will place my order.
I will have to explain this to my wife since LR4 is her daily driver and I use it for weekend trip. I like how LR4 drives on daily basis ( very relaxing) but every time I take the car to the desert I am in love with it more and more.
Even more after getting 2013 LR4 with HD package and V8. I am glad we did not wait for V6SC 2014. I have a filling that V8 LR4s especially with HD pack will keep they value pretty well.
It is pricy to get those wheels, then tires , TPS sensors etc., but on the other hand, buying new tires every so often when your sidewall pops out will not be any cheaper long term.
Keep us updated regarding your order. I will post when I hear something from Barry.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for Barry to send me detailed payment info.
I did not know they had satin black in stock. Make sure it is confirmed before you order yours. I have Nara Bronze ( I think you have the same color) but I would like some more contrast between tires and rims so Anthracite gray is good for me. I asked Barry yesterday about color options and finishes and the only option available was anthracite gray.
Once I get all the info regarding a payment I will place my order.
I will have to explain this to my wife since LR4 is her daily driver and I use it for weekend trip. I like how LR4 drives on daily basis ( very relaxing) but every time I take the car to the desert I am in love with it more and more.
Even more after getting 2013 LR4 with HD package and V8. I am glad we did not wait for V6SC 2014. I have a filling that V8 LR4s especially with HD pack will keep they value pretty well.
It is pricy to get those wheels, then tires , TPS sensors etc., but on the other hand, buying new tires every so often when your sidewall pops out will not be any cheaper long term.
Keep us updated regarding your order. I will post when I hear something from Barry.
Thanks for the heads up! He may have told you there were no Satin black wheels in stock because he said he was going to hold them for me - so maybe there were only 5 left in stock? I am glad you wanted a different finish.

My 2011 was Nara Bronze, but my 2013 is Fuji White with black design package. The satin black seem to go quite nicely with the stock black design package. I do plan to keep my 19" wheels.

-David

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TLB- I have the BFG All-Terrain T/A's. Highly recommended. The sidewall is incredibly strong and the tread pattern seems well-versed in various off-road situations (mud, sharp rocks, sand, steep climbs/descents, etc.). Just a fair warning that they may be slightly louder on the road than the Wrangler tires that mbw has on his LR4. I personally don't notice the noise, but someone else might.

thanks,
I do not really care about more noise from the tires as long as they do their job off road. what I need is AT tire with a strong sidewall for Arizona desert.:hello:
Good to know you are happy with your BFGs.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! He may have told you there were no Satin black wheels in stock because he said he was going to hold them for me - so maybe there were only 5 left in stock? I am glad you wanted a different finish.

My 2011 was Nara Bronze, but my 2013 is Fuji White with black design package. The satin black seem to go quite nicely with the stock black design package. I do plan to keep my 19" wheels.

-David

He did not say anything about satin black at all. I asked about color options and was told Anthracite gray was in stock. I think it was nice of him especially if you asked specifically for satin black.
I am glad we are not competing for the same set of 5 wheels,:hello::wink:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only color they normally had in stock (back when Compomotive was in business) was gray, while silver and black powder coats would require a 15-20 days lead time to ship. Ergo, methinks David got lucky and snatched the last (or one of the last) sets of black wheels for a while.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, not sure how i missed this thread, but man am I happy I got my Compo's earlier this year!

Dave, Paypal for sure!!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Umberto!

That makes me feel a LOT better. As soon as Barry sends me the PayPal invoice for the five satin black wheels (tomorrow or Monday morning), then I am going to pay and seal the deal. Then, I need to think about TPMS and tires, though I am likely going the same route as mbw. TPMS I know you guys have a good source, I will look back to find that and order. I love mbw's set up and good experience so far, but I am still thinking....

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just sent payment for five (5) satin black Compomotive wheels via PayPal. Of course, I have a little bit of buyer's remorse, but hopefully all will go well. Since the wheels are currently in stock, I will likely get them within a couple weeks. I need to order the TMPS units for the new wheels and tires. I'm going with 265/65R18 tires (I don't want any rubbing at standard height, so I may consider a different size?), likely the Goodyear Wrangers that mbw has, but also really like Brandon's BF Goodrich, though the Toyos that kaaae and Umberto have seem to have some excellent ratings. Oh goodness, decisions! :) I'm probably going to hold off until later October/November to get the tires anyway, so I have some time. I need to look back at previous threads.

-David

Last edited:

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, once you out them on the car with new tires you will not have any buyers remorse! As to the tire, I noticed a difference between Brandon's and mine when it came to loose sand. Not sure if it was size or tread though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM