Phone Mount For LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
Good to know, Ryan. I'm keeping the solid CD-slot gizmo in my console just in case, but for now this is a cheap win.

Didn't think I'd do one of my Amazon-style reviews on a $10 impulse buy but there you go.
How does it attach to the vent fins? Clamp or the 4 rubber coated prongs that slides on?

I had a decent vent mount but it can't accommodate the 7+ with an OtterBox Defender case so I just picked up a larger unit that clamps on to the vent fins but it takes a minute to get seated in the mount. I've been clamping it to the ashtray or not using it at all so I can access the console iPod USB port with a flat lightning cable and get all my music and playlists in the car display. (Tried all the CoolStream type Bluetooth to iPod port devices to avoid the cable but none of them work MY13.)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys using a vent mount obviously don't live in Houston.

Nothing can come between me and my AC in Houston summer.

Ever been in DC in the summer? They were calling this place a swamp long before DJT came along.

All kidding aside, I like my AC blasting my face, too. I'm going to rip this thing right off in the summertime if necessary. Right now I'm enjoying it. The ProClip solution seems to push the mounting area a little more to the left of the vent but still seems to block it depending on size of phone. I really do like the improved visibility of this mounting point, however. A much more natural scan when I need to glance at my phone.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it attach to the vent fins? Clamp or the 4 rubber coated prongs that slides on?

Friction fit (slides on, no adjustable clamp mechanism) with 4 fairly stiff prongs. I don't completely trust it TBH. Again, for $10 I took a flyer on it and will see how it hangs in there.

TrungH

Reaction score

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PROCLIP --- hands down. Don't waste your money on anything else!!! I purchased both options, one for my personal phone and one for my work phone. I have the magnetic clip. it's fantastic

Magic Mount Pro XL magnetic holder attached to the Proclip base that mounts above the ignition button? I'm a fan of the magnetic approach now that I'm testing it with my cheapie vent clip. I trust your recommendation.

Last edited:

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magic Mount Pro XL magnetic holder attached to the Proclip base that mounts above the ignition button? I'm a fan of the magnetic approach now that I'm testing it with my cheapie vent clip. I trust your recommendation.

Yes! I used a magnetic holder from amazon and just mounted it to the proclip, same thing. Works great!!!

this is what I ended up getting to attach to the proclip: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FS5B25/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! I used a magnetic holder from amazon and just mounted it to the proclip, same thing. Works great!!!

Face palm!! Why didn't I think of this...I assumed that going Proclip meant staying in their expensive platform. I never thought of a Franken-mount hybrid solution like this. I mentioned the Magic Mount Pro from Scosche because that's the magnetic attachment that Proclip sells to go with their mounting plate. The item you use is half that price. All over it now, thanks!

PS: I see this company also makes a product with an adhesive base but a small arm so you can get some angle adjustment. Either way, this is the plan.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Face palm!! Why didn't I think of this...I assumed that going Proclip meant staying in their expensive platform. I never thought of a Franken-mount hybrid solution like this. I mentioned the Magic Mount Pro from Scosche because that's the magnetic attachment that Proclip sells to go with their mounting plate. The item you use is half that price. All over it now, thanks!

PS: I see this company also makes a product with an adhesive base but a small arm so you can get some angle adjustment. Either way, this is the plan.

Agreed. This may be the best route. The vent clip is nice, but it does have some drawbacks. I thought the Proclip mount would require that clamp around my phone, which I thought would be ugly when not in use. I don't use my phone mount all the time as I don't care to look like an Uber driver on my daily commute. This looks like it would be the ticket, though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV