Picking up 2010 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood LR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone ,
I wanted see if you guys could tell if there are any issues with the 2010 LR4 , I am living in Europe now and will be picking up my HSE TDV6 Thursday.

Cheers,
John

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's missing a couple cylinders, but other than that nobody will know. Its too new.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
John,

My 2010 LR4 is a V8 (you probably already know that it's the only engine available here in the States).

The engine and gearbox seem to be running strong so far (53k miles), however I am pretty happy that I have warranty for the next couple of years.

I've had to replace a few things: doors handles on passenger side would not unlock when close to them - proximity sensor), instrument cluster went blank (hard reset fixed this), front brakes are shaky even though new (gonna have to replace both rotors and pads but they are still working really well), compressor was changed (old amk replaced with new design amk, it was really loud and transmitted a vibration throughout the whole car when temperatures were under 32F/0C but worked fine otherwise), replaced height sensor on passenger rear, had to update the radio modules (lost sound), replaced the OEM battery, replaced the key recognition module, and a window regulator. I might be forgetting something.

I do not know if the previous owner had to fix/ replace anything.

I hope this helps. I still love my truck and take it offroad any chance I get (even rock crawling).

Axel

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's missing a couple cylinders, but other than that nobody will know. Its too new.

I wouldn't think the 2010 is "too new'. ;-) But it is a diesel 6. IIRC a lot more torque than my 2014 SCV6 will have. But, hey, I'll have Blind Spot Monitoring for all those cars that fly past me as I'm struggling up the mountains. ;-)

I can't speak for the 2010. But at this very moment I would love to have any LR4 sitting in my garage ready to hit the trail. Glad to hear that you will be able to enjoy yours immediately.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a CPO 2010 6 months ago with 24,000 miles and have 32,000 miles so far and have Replaced passenger door handle, Replaced Battery, Replaced Compressor for new amk, replaced hydro bushings, replaced steering wheel, replaced steering gear, replaced bushings on control arm, replaced cigarette lighter (light would flicker), updates on Sat radio, and maybe a few other things all under warranty. in the shop right now for squeak on driver seat base, malfunction on passenger headlight sprayer, and squeal from rear brakes. I highly recommend you get yours certified preowned or at least have 3-6 months of warranty left on your lr4 to see if any issues appear. My guess is at least $6k worth of work paid by LR.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are hydro bushings? Thank you
They are the bushings that connect to the lower control arm. You can usually notice they need replaceing if you see oil leaking from them. Also you will notice a small shimmy and loose feel to steering wheel.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the bushings that connect to the lower control arm. You can usually notice they need replaceing if you see oil leaking from them. Also you will notice a small shimmy and loose feel to steering wheel.

Thanks. Would you say that you can hear a "clunk" when driving on rough pavement or off-road?

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Would you say that you can hear a "clunk" when driving on rough pavement or off-road?
nope, those are the ball joints. there is a TSB for ball joints, if you still have warranty ask your dealership about the TSB LTB00123

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I've mentioned it to the dealer a couple times already but they can't seem to reproduce the sound. Pretty annoying

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635