Pics from Swan River and Georgia Pass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codemonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday a friend and I took our respective Rubi and LR3 up to the Swan River and Georgia Pass trails near Breckinridge, CO. No major drama or excitement, just a nice day out on the trails. Georgia is pretty easy, Swan is a bit tougher. The main challenges on Swan are steepness with loose rock (some of them head-sized) and in one part a steep climb up a wet creekbed. On that part I needed my rear locker, and my Rubi friend used both front and rear lockers for the first time in the two years he's owned it.

Great views, unfortunately I don't have too many pics "in action". I'll put a selected few here, the rest are in my gallery at:

http://grendel.smugmug.com/gallery/5790409_xgH5a#358473718_GapY9

Pretty typical climb on Swan, not tough, just steep:
358498452_9igRi-L.jpg

Getting close to tree line:
358497588_UC3VM-L.jpg

Climb above tree line:
358491166_ubHGw-L.jpg

Money shot:
358489046_VpZSk-L.jpg

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is BEAUTIFUL. Wow. (Full album is worth a view if anyone hasn't clicked over to it)

I've been out there many times for snow sports, its nice to see it another season.

Yeah, that climb up to the tree line looks pretty loose!

flysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing with us.

I wish we had trails like that where I live. I took my previous Jeep to PA off-road park and it broke down during trail ride. Ever since my girlfriend banned me from going back there with LR3 for at least 5 years. It's shame that I haven't used low range in my LR3 at all :hmpf:

- Brian

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous - some day maybe we can meet up in Breck to do a trail ride together.

-Rich

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazing shots - nothing like that around here either. best i have done is take it through the winter of 2007/2008 which actually tested it more than you might think.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Shots. Thanks for sharing. I love Colorado. We just got back a week ago from Great Divide III with Off Roving, and I'm still daydreaming about the trip.
IMG_2292.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9