Plasti-Dipped Wheel Arches and Plastics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great in the grey Ralph ... different! Like Houm said, the Duratracs look sweet too!

Drew888

Reaction score
This is my first post in years on our LR-3. My wife just this weekend bought a Mercedes for herself and I may now start driving the LR now and again. I'm immediately intrigued.

Two questions, MX...that isn't an OEM grill. Where to get it? Paint on ours flaked off for no reason. We had it painted and now it's happening again. I'm looking for options.

Second is around plastidipping wheels, the first time you change tires I'll suspect it will tear off at the edge of the rim?

Thanks guys! Awesome to get back into the LR again.

Drew

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Drew I took a rr sport grill and put it into my lr3 grill. On the website disco3.co. over in the uk a guy named Beanie can make you one with the rr sport or LR4 insert grill. There's also a how-to, to do it yourself. As for plasti dipping the rims, yes I would get new tires mounted first than plasti dip the rims with the wheels right on the truck, its pretty easy and painless. i've had mine dipped for about a year now, no rips. For your grill now, I would remove from truck, take off as much of the flaking paint off, clean with rubbing alcohol, dry and than plasti dip it with anthracite grey or black. If you want a shine use plasti dip glossifier. I went with the matte black. oh and don't forget to paint your side vent to match. If you decide to paint your grill and rims make sure you put on light coats, build up and layer. Welcome back!

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm ordering this online. My local HomeDepot only had white and black. They had more color selection in the Rustoleum product, but reviews have stated that you're better off with the original.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm ordering this online. My local HomeDepot only had white and black. They had more color selection in the Rustoleum product, but reviews have stated that you're better off with the original.

How dare they run out of the pink!

I've never used the Rustoleum product but as you say, there is a good positive track record with the Plasti-Dip.

Ladric

Reaction score
Did you remove the side fender vents to black them out?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the side vent to plastidip as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut