Potential New Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16WhiteLR4

Reaction score
Hey - First Post. I own a 2010 Camaro SS and 2006 H3 and after seeing the LR4 at the auto show made a decision to pursue trading in both for the LR4 because I love the H3 and its offroad capability and never drive the SS anymore.

I took the 2016 LR4 for a test drive yesterday, thought it was pretty nice and I am interested in the white HSE with the Silver edition package. Beautiful car, the only thing I was not so crazy about is it feels a bit numb and disconnected from the road and seems to not be as high up as my H3 (I have the front torsion bars torqued up to level it out).

I was wondering if there is a way to allow for the LR4 to remain in its highest height over 30MPH? This isn't a condition for my buying or not buying the vehicle, but was just wondering if this is possible. I know its a rollover thing and probably not the best idea, but you know, it looks cool.

Other than that, not much to not like about the truck. I am waiting back on what they want to do for me with the trades and will go from there next week.

Thanks

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

It will allow you to set your own custom heights and store it. It will back up your original settings as well for easy swapping back and forth if desired.

It has a lot more function and has been discussed in depth on this forum. Just have a search for IID Tool.

16WhiteLR4

Reaction score
https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/

It will allow you to set your own custom heights and store it. It will back up your original settings as well for easy swapping back and forth if desired.

It has a lot more function and has been discussed in depth on this forum. Just have a search for IID Tool.

Thanks.

I am a bit disheartened to see that the LR4 is slated to lose its edge and inherit the "used bar of soap" design of the RR and RRS. I guess now is the time to buy, I also heard the defender might come back someday and perhaps that would be the real next choice for people into the LR4 of today.

gabrielef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also the Johnson Rods that replace the stock suspension height sensor arms. I believe there's another brand that does the same thing. Adds a couple inches of stock height, in addition to raising the vehicle higher when fully raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16WhiteLR4

Reaction score
Bought it

My 2016 HSE
4042_zpsahwardmt.jpg

4039_zpsk1trtfgu.jpg

4033_zpsmystm9xs.jpg

4048_zpsrrhoprr2.jpg

Last edited:

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new Land Rover! I am sure that you are gonna enjoy driving it!

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Be sure to give us a readout after a couple of months. If you like to go offroad you will especially enjoy it. There is something special about its ability to go from pavement to trail and back. So versatile. Not sure where you live but if it is in the western US there are LOTS of places to explore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635