power failure-2000 RR-Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

fdbandit

driving my 2000 RR all power begins to quickly drain battery until car dies.
It starts with the guages going to zero and all warning lights coming on with all kinds of faults and alarms going off. Alternator was replaced and tests out properly. Where would the most likely area of a short be? Car won't turn over and the battery at rest tests 11.7 volts. Anyone care to guess what's going on? Where can I start to look? Please help.

F

FPierce

To start i would make sure you didn't have a battery issue ie. dead cell or short.would suggest testing fluid from each cell in battery to make sure good(inexpesive tester from autozone) If battery is O.K. then theoretically your alternator should just about provide enough power for your RR after starting to maintain power without battery. DO NOT however actually disconnect battery whith RR running........way to many sensitive electronics that could be damaged.If battery good I still think you have charging issue which leaves alternator(including regulator) or a grounding problem.
Good Luck.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM