Power Steering troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goldendisco

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Disco II 2003. 90K miles. Got my oil changed and decided to get the power steering flushed, since I had not done that in a while. Since then, the steering got progressively worse and whined a lot.
I took it back in to the shop. Looks like the pumps and hoses are leaking. Apparently the flush unclogged the leaks.
Questions:
Is there a strategy to maintain power steering without replacing pumps?
What is the best fluid to be putting in there?
Will it reclog itself?

Any advice on actions to take or experience with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Add some Lucas Transmission fix... it will help with leaks and not hurt anything.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Power steering and Transmission fluid are basically they same... and If if remember right I know the D1 uses transmission fluid, but I think the D2 does as well for the power steering.

Keanan

Reaction score
Bestpartsonline.com sells. Pump reseal kit. Replace the spring clamps with worm drive clamps, if it still leaks at the hose connections get new hoses.

mydar

Reaction score
ya this is the same problem i am facing but of no use tried in many ways but of no use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72