Prettiest "0" I've ever seen.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than how you control the thing, is the bluetooth one able to do anything more? In the future is the BT one going to get more features than the non?

I want to get one, i just think its very expensive. Saving 120 would be nice.
I was told that they would be making updates to the BT one via the application - these would not be available with the non-BT.

RedGTS

Reaction score
I was told that they would be making updates to the BT one via the application - these would not be available with the non-BT.

I haven't asked them, but given that the non-BT version comes with a USB cable for updating the tool's firmware, my guess is it is only the method of updating that may be different and users of both will have access to the same substantive features.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the BT version and yes the USB is for updating the device's firmware. The differences will be in the actual App (what's displayed via your iPhone / iPad) vs what you are limited to via the in-dash display. My understanding is that they want to expand capabilities via the app, not necessarily gain actual vehicle tweak differences. Just the way they are done, be it quicker, more informative, more streamlined, etc.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be very much interested in being able to display the tire pressures from all five tires either on the nav or in the instrument panel screen, if possible at all.

It just bugs me that I could see the psi numbers from all four tires on a dodge sedan like eight years ago, on its dash board and on a Yukon that I drove recently but its not possible in a vehicle like LR4 that is designed for off roading. I wish they did a firmware update or something that allowed for the readings to appear on the 4x4 screen right next to each tire.

RedGTS

Reaction score
I would be very much interested in being able to display the tire pressures from all five tires either on the nav or in the instrument panel screen, if possible at all.

It just bugs me that I could see the psi numbers from all four tires on a dodge sedan like eight years ago, on its dash board and on a Yukon that I drove recently but its not possible in a vehicle like LR4 that is designed for off roading. I wish they did a firmware update or something that allowed for the readings to appear on the 4x4 screen right next to each tire.

Yes it is crazy that the info is readily available but won't display to the driver, but I have an M3 that is the same way. It's the same mentality that did away with oil dipsticks in favor of electronic measuring that may or may not be accurate (and you can no longer take a look at your oil without a major hassle). I'm not sure if the tool has the capability of displaying the tire pressure in the vehicle on an ongoing basis, but my guess is it can't because the vehicle's electronics weren't designed to do so (unlike the digital speedo which is simply turned off).

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well based on the horrible Sat Nav and clunky touchscreen interface, I think we can all agree that the electronics interface is not Land Rover's strong suit. Frankly, I find the system outdated and something I would expect from a vehicle 6+ years older.

I am not expecting Apple product refinement, but LR are way out in left field on this one compared to the competition.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well based on the horrible Sat Nav and clunky touchscreen interface, I think we can all agree that the electronics interface is not Land Rover's strong suit. Frankly, I find the system outdated and something I would expect from a vehicle 6+ years older.

I am not expecting Apple product refinement, but LR are way out in left field on this one compared to the competition.

Agree 100%. This is by far my biggest gripe and rediculously important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99