Previous LR3 owners: Is the LR4 A/C as good as the LR3 A/C?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are thinking about trading our LR3 in for an LR4. We think the LR3 has the absolute best air conditioning of any vehicle we have ever owned. Cools the big vehicle so fast in 95 degree heat despite the big glass roof. Is the A/C in the LR4 just as good? Thanks!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't say if it's as good as the LR3, since I've never owned a LR3. But I've been very impressed with the LR4 air conditioner. Cools the car extremely fast.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. I am amazed at how good the AC is, especially in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Well over a dozen vents, two compressors, very impressed. It seems the AC works just as well in the second row as up front....

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was awesome as well. I had 7 people in my LR4 in Moab with temps around 107 and it kept everyone cool even in full sun. I was very impressed and so were my passangers.

I've had other makes that had marginal at best climate controls and always had to make excuses for them. Not the LR4.

Rob

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...sounds like LR kept the same AC system from the LR3 to the LR4. 2 compressors does make a difference...we had to pay an extra $1300 to get a 2nd compressor in our old Audi Q7, after I read that other Q7 owners were sweating without it.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. . .as good or better than the LR3 system. It's 104 out right now and it's cooling just fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM