Question 2-Mouting Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
2nd question of the night:

I'd like to get more light for when we're camping. I don't have a roof rack cause I use Yakima bars to carry the kayaks so that mounting option is gone.

I'm not totally sold on the look of either factory brush bar options...definitely like the wrap around better than the a-frame, but I don't like it enough to spend 400 bucks (or more if I can't find it on ebay that cheap) on it.
I'm thinking about mounting them straight onto the front bumper. Those of you guys that have mounted lights directly onto the bumper in front of the grill, how did the process go and how did the lights hold up? Did you use the LR kit?

Ideally I'd go the ARB route but that's about 1500 bucks I don't have right now...however if anybody lives in Nashville and is selling theirs....

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ryan

ralph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lights

Like you don't want to spend the money for expensive lights which could get stolen or broken. Bought these from 4wheel parts $60. Plan on buying the Warn smaller lights ($130) which have a remote to turn off and on and put them on the bar below the Hella's.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-20 at 8.41.48 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-20 at 8.41.48 PM.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut