Question for Roverdawg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

Hey Dawg,

First the question: I was reading through a thread and you mentioned something about exterior bulbs getting replaced. What light bulbs burned out in your LR3? Couldn't be the headlights, because you have an HSE and they are Xenon...so, I'm just curious. Please advise if you would.

Second, the comment:

The Hawks got screwed, period. The fact that the NFL had to make a statement on the quality of the officiating speaks to the fact that it was bad, regardless of the conclusion. I've seen better officiating in the PAC-10, and PAC-10 refs SUCK! As far as I'm concerned, I will never acknowledge the Steelers as the SB XL champs...there will always be an asterisk. Also, more and more I think the NFL is choreographed, like pro-wrestling (but maybe not everyone is in on it...?). I'm just gonna call it WFF from now on (World Football Federation).

That's it.

So far, 2-weeks past (last service visit) and no faults, and I've been tryin' !!

R

roverdawg

Houm,

Hey, Glad to hear that you're 2 weeks w/o a fault despite your efforts to trigger one.

I don't recall posting anything about ext. lights, but did have flickering light/nav screen which was replaced? Do have the Resist-all headlight coverings that are blistering and need replacing but no biggie.

1. Fuel tank recalled/replaced
2. Air suspension compressor replaced (still not working)
3. Air suspension connector hose repaired (still not working)
4. Stereo speakers replaced
5. Faulty hood release cable replaced
6. Coolant level sensor/tank replaced
7. Park distance control module replaced
8. Navigation screen replaced

Trying not to relive the Super Bowl. Gee, thanks for bringing it up again! =) Stunned by some of the calls, and that's just not a local boy "whining" as it's certainly the subject of conversation of many national reporters. All I can say is that we're the 1st team in Super Bowl history to lead in offense, time of possession, and turnovers, and still lose. Hats off to the Steelers as we certainly had opportunities to win it. All to do now is go out next year and have no mercy, leave nothing to chance. No more football talk here though lest we alienate our fellow LR3 enthusiasts.

btw, how is your treadwear to date?

H

Houm_WA

Yep, my bad...it was LR3_WA but he/she had inserted a quote from another of your posts and somehow I, er...made the wrong call. OK ! That was the last Superbowl reference I will make. This fall, my 10-year-old begins playing and I'm going to have fun watching him and not care about the pros, and maybe care a little less about college.

Thanks for the well-wishing with respect to the fault, let's hope I didn't jinx it !

Say, on your NAV flickering issue, was it flickering ON and OFF or was it just dimming and blooming erradically? I had a "Temperature Error-shutting down" message once....and it was fine after I started the car back up and it never happened again. I'm going to have them look it over though. So, my NAV screen blooms and dims a lot, but only (I think) when my running lights are on, because that's when the photosensors are influencing the brightness of the display. So, I'm blaming that on system latency and possibly the sensitivity of the sensors and am wondering if that is what yours was doing or if it was flickering on and off. Please advise.

Thanks Dawg.

L

LR3_WA

Yep it was LR3_WA with the bulbs out. The 'parking bulbs' - the small "clear" one next to the headlight & then the "yellow" front side.

R

roverdawg

Houm,

I think you're right. Despite the new nav screen, the prob (erratic dimming) remains and is most noticeable around sunset when, presumably, the sensors are trying to figure it out. Doesn't bother me too much, though on occasion it's happened mid-day (with the lights off).

H

Houm_WA

...were the lights "off" explicitly or on "automatic" but off because it was daytime?

R

roverdawg

Houm_WA said:
...were the lights "off" explicitly or on "automatic" but off because it was daytime?

Both, I've been on either when it's happened midday.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635