Question for Zeon users.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they feel on the road? Noise level, vibration, balancing issues, tread wear, etc.. Any input would be much appreciated. Currently running Safari TSR's(275/65). Living in Florida now. Hardly any off-roading down here and wanting to cut down on tire aggression. Thanks.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they feel on the road? Noise level, vibration, balancing issues, tread wear, etc.. Any input would be much appreciated. Currently running Safari TSR's(275/65). Living in Florida now. Hardly any off-roading down here and wanting to cut down on tire aggression. Thanks.

I too am in Florida and drive 34k miles/yr on my zeons. My first pair lasted 38k miles with plenty of tread left but had cracking on my inner sidewalls. I rotate my tires myself every 5k miles. Sure my gas mileage has suffered, but I love these tires, get nothing but compliments from other rover owners and my dealer has started to carry them now that I was their first customer/rover owner who put them in his rig. I bought them through tirerack. I get them aligned once a yr, never had balancing issues and the road noise isnt that bad (i drive with my windows down alot, but I also crank my stereo bc of wind noise). I even have a zeon as my spare tire mounted underneath.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I'll check for the best prices.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't buy these! The sidewalls crack and are unsafe. Many people in Colorado have had this issue, as well as the poster above. Take a look at the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 if you want a aggressive look, with a great ride.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have 11k on mine and they still look good. Quiet but bad in gas (285 65 18). Pretty happy overall. No sidewall issues yet?

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have mine in colorado and have popped 2 of them. Both were somewhat unlucky situations (one with a sharp rock under water). Either way, the tire has been good besides the weak sidewall. I will probably look for something a bit more sturdy at some point.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
Which size Hankook's do you run? 265/60 or the 285/65? They look pretty good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM