Questionnaire and my LR4 Gas Mileage Theory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it really matter. It's an LR4 not a Prius. If I was worried about mileage i would ave purchased something different. I like it better than my wife's full size RRSC.
Yes it does matter to me. When I was shopping for my off-road capable SUV, I had narrowed down to the Toyota 4Runner or the LR4. I almost went with the 4Runner due to lower price, better gas mileage, and reliability. But I ultimately went with my heart (not my wallet), and got the LR4. I do cringe every time I fill up, but overall, I still love my LR4 despite the low gas mileage. I'm still happy with my decision. :proud:

Fm540i

Reaction score
For me it's splitting hairs. The 2012 LR4 i just purchased gets maybe 15 MPG around town. Maybe better but to tell you the truth I don't count. My wife's big RR SC gets 12-14 around town but she only drives 7000 miles a year so who cares!. My 2012 750i probably gets 20-24 mpg which is pretty good for a car its size if I keep it to a reasonable speed but it's tough. The Beemer loves going fast.

Fm540i

Reaction score
I love the LR4. Much better than the RR Sport in my opinion. More versatile. More room.
The sport was pretty cramped inside.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the LR4. Much better than the RR Sport in my opinion. More versatile. More room.
The sport was pretty cramped inside.
I agree completely. I thought about the RR Sport, but I just was not into it. It's definitely the most popular Land Rover around here - next are RRs.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have had our LR4 for 13 months, and now have 36,000 miles on the odometer. We commute daily to Salt Lake City from our mountain home. The trip computer shows an average of 18mpg, but calculating by hand we average around 16mpg.

Considering that the car has a 400hp Jaguar XF engine in it AND is the best damn luxury snow car that I have ever driven - I am not complaining...

-B ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM