R/T button on steering wheel '06 RR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

trafficboy

Does anybody know what the true function of this button on the steering wheel is? The manual says it switches your audio from radio to telephone, but so far all I can figure out is that it displays whatever is playing on the audio nav screen to the LCD message area on the instrument cluster. When you switch it back to telephone that's all it says on the LCD? There must be more to this?

I was sort of hoping that it was related to using bluetooth in the vehicle and would allow you to toggle your telephone conversation between the vehicles audio system and your phone in case you needed to make a private call. Perhaps I'm a dreamer.

P.S. I'm also one of the disappointed Blackberry 7100 users. My blackberry always recognizes the bluetooth signal when I hop in and the Rover always tells me bluetooth is connected, but about every 10th call actually gets transmitted over the vehicles audio system. Turning the blackberry competely off and manually synching with bluetooth again works for the next call, but then I'm back to the "false" connection and my blackberry (or Rover) just thinks it's connected but doesn't work.

Thanks, Clark

R

raysamii

Clark- that button is only useful if you are using the phone function via a cradle connection ( not Bluetooth). The problem is that I have yet to find a phone the works properly via a cradle connection.

In my 06 RR I found out that the Motorola Razr Phone (T-mobile, Cingular) is the only way to go using its Bluetooth function.
See this here:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1477

Thanks- Ray

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99