radio reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtuckerwaite

Reaction score
Anybody out there have issues with their radio reception when it rains. I will be driving along fine and all of a sudden every channel is buried in static. Has happened several times now. I have tried turning around and driving back where the reception was good and no improvement. Seems to go away after shutting down and restarting engine. Spoken to dealer but they can't find anything. Any ideas? I have 45k miles and would like to resolve prior to warranty expiring.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My reception is fine... BUT, there are certain areas, like near airports, or secret government bunkers where the reception goes fuzzy. May have nothing to do with the rain, might just be interference from electrical lines etc.

Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 and over the last few weeks I have been having similar issues with the radio (am or fm), USB and iPhone 6 (using the 30 pin to lighting connector). Out of no where my radio system will just stop working and immediate static plays through all the speakers. The volume blasts through and the static noise turns up so loud that it will scare the crap out of you and hurt your ears. I have always been able to turn the volume down, but yesterday, I couldn't do that. Pressing the power button on the radio didn't work either....

After shutting down the car and waiting 10 minutes or so, it will turn back on under normal working conditions. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone one a fix to the issue?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9