"Radio will turn off in 3 min."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

h8cold

Reaction score
'12 lr4 HSE

Greetings all,
I have a question:

Without turning on the engine and without the smart key near by, i push the radio button and it turns on. I think that's normal, but it also displays something like " Warning low battery .... unit will turn off in 3 min." is this normal? I did check the water level and it seems a tad bit low, going to buy some distill water to fill.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never had that. Your battery charge must be low. How many miles on the vehicle. I would take it to the dealer and have them check and charge or replace the battery.

h8cold

Reaction score
It's new, less then 200 miles. I trickle charged it all night and i notice it again today.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's new, less then 200 miles. I trickle charged it all night and i notice it again today.

honestly, I would take it in to the dealer. The last thing you want is to get stranded. Had the same issue in a different car. Ended up being a bad battery and they replaced it.

h8cold

Reaction score
Everyone check your battery water level! i just filled about a pint of distilled water and i just purchased it. Trickle charging it tonight, will update tomorrow.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this issue? I got that same message when messing around with mine tonight. I'll take a look at my battery in the morning too.

h8cold

Reaction score
Don't overfill! I had a slight overfill discharge from the battery :( It seems fine at this time, time will tell.

Congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635