Rainy Day parts? Buy a spare compressor if the price is right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Is this the one you were talking about? Don't see a price anywhere. $100 is probably the highest I'd pay and not in a rush now that I've got this one. Have to go pick it up so 1.5hrs driving as well. :frown: I'm hoping to get a cheapie in case I botch the job and it ends up trash. You can google beanie or narpy grill and there's tons of info from UK guys making them. Essentially you cut the mesh horizontals out from the RR and replace the middle of the LR3 so even color doesn't matter as only the mesh center is used. Pretty cool mod but in my opinion the eBay one looks more "finished" if that makes sense. I'd like to do the same using a LR4 mesh but those seem harder to come by than RR sport. The gun barrel look of the supercharged RR grill always appealed to me but I don't think that's an option as it's quite a different design and wouldn't match the outer part of our stock LR3 grills.

No, not the one I was referring to. I'll PM you the address as I don't think I can post it here. Don't know if you're north or south of here, but I'm headed up to Lancaster, PA this weekend and would offer to courier if you're on the way, but I'm not sure I'd have time to get the part before I leave. :p

Tuglife

Reaction score
Tuglife, I noticed you still have the amber side lights. I got a pair of the smoked ones off Ebay and it looks 100 time better. My LR3 is Java Black so the amber stuck out like a sore thumb. They were $28.99 FREE SHIPPING and it was a 1 minute change out.

I think mine looks a lot better with them.

Not a rainy day part but I've really got to get some running boards. I'm not the tallest person in the world, and my wife is even shorter so they would help entering and exiting the vehicle. They were on the Tahoe I had before this and they really spoiled me.

Yeah was watching them for a while but I ended up just spray tinting my stock ones. Did it right after the tire photo I posted. Came out good I think. Probably a little darker than the actual aftermarket ones in color and light output but I'm okay with that. I used VHT Nightshades and it came out pretty matte looking as opposed to glossy which I was expecting. Pretty annoyed by that at first but it kinda goes with the matte black trim cladding and now I prefer it. Taillight were the same. Unexpected benefit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 25

Tuglife

Reaction score
Yeah it is quite high climbing in there. I'm 6'6" though so I haven't needed the running boards. Sure the wife would like them though. I have seen them from time to time for around $200, some brand new, which made me consider it since that's a steal. Only problem is shipping on such a large item is tougher to convince people expecting to sell locally to do and then pretty expensive if you can convince them. Oh here's the side markers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah markers do look better. Do you still get adequate light from your tail lights with the tinting? I'm 5'8" and my wife is 5'4" so I feel like a little kid climbing up into the cab. The running boards are on my Christmas wish list so I'll probably be getting them put on December 26. :)

Tuglife

Reaction score
Yeah I was worried about that but it really looks just as bright as before. This was only 3 coats and I wasn't going to do anymore for fear of getting pulled over during the day. The tint seams to be more reflective of outside light and less affecting the light coming through from inside if that makes sense. Like how window tint looks so dark and hard to see through from outside but still allows great visibility from the inside. In hindsight I should have used Plastidip tint so it could be just pulled off right in front of the cop if I ever got stopped for it. I did all my badges same day as the tint and I was blown away how great and easy it is. Forgot they had tint color.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna off-road the LR3 don't get the running boards, get rock sliders.

If you're not gonna off-road it....well, oh..nevermind.

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't really purchase mine for off roading. I wanted something just a little smaller than the Tahoe I had but I wanted a V8 with enough torque to pull my bass boat and something to drive in the winter when the weather gets bad. If I was taking it off road then yes sliders would be my choice but since I'm not the running boards make more sense.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he running boards are on my Christmas wish list so I'll probably be getting them put on December 26. :)

Ha, funny. There's a new set of those in my local Craigslist right now also. Seller is asking $200. :tongue:

Tuglife

Reaction score
Ha, funny. There's a new set of those in my local Craigslist right now also. Seller is asking $200. :tongue:

Yeah that's a pretty fair deal I'd say. Especially considering they seem to run $500-$1100 on the LR parts sites. Like I said I'm 6'6" and looking to take mine in a more off-road direction but for that price it's tempting to just grab a set. The dog and my wife would love them. Speaking of which the LR dog barrier is constantly all over Craigslist for cheap, but with a 15lb West Highland terrier I have no need for it. I did just make a deal with that RR grill guy in Washington. So I'm getting one of these to do a custom grill insert in my left over stock grill.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 22

Tuglife

Reaction score
Phone is only letting me post one photo at a time. Here's what I'm planning to do with the Range Rover Supercharged grill. Gonna separate the inner mesh frame and mount it inside the middle of my stock grill. Inspired by some guys who've done it on the UK site. They say it's a bit of a chore but from the pics I've seen its quite doable. Only ones I can find on eBay are over $300 but I got the guy to deliver it to me for $85.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member