Rainy Day parts? Buy a spare compressor if the price is right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuglife

Reaction score
Couple more shots of the grill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 24

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hate to be that eBay knockoff Chinese grill guy but it does look awesome. Technically that would be the Range Rover sport knockoff i believe. The LR4 copy for ours is nice too but much more expensive. I wanted to do the RR or LR4 retrofit using the actual grills a la "beanie" or "narpy" on Disco3.uk. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a RR or LR4 grill for less than $100 which I couldn't justify paying if I'm just cutting up to make it. This one was $120 or so and not super impressed with the quality. The LR3 plastic mounting clips are already a weak and poor design and the lower clips on this one didn't really hold it in place. Had to file it a little and fill the clip with foam to keep it clicked in place. The color though is a lucky surprise because the description only said dark grey color. It's not perfect but I'd say it's about a 80-90% match on my Bonatti Grey paint. Looks good from 5+ ft away.
I have a 2006 OEM RRS S/C grille available for $50 if interested ==> Click here for link

Tuglife

Reaction score
I have a 2006 OEM RRS S/C grille available for $50 if interested ==> Click here for link

Thanks but the "gun barrel " style of grills don't work for the mod I'm trying to do. Only the mesh style grills. The one I pictured above that I was supposed to get from the person on Craigslist didn't work out. After numerous emails and working out a time and place then driving to meet her she showed up with a different style grill than her picture in the ad. She must have just lifted a picture from the Internet and used it for her post. Even when I showed her the difference between the picture and the grill right in front of us she claimed it was the camera. Dumb *****. Whatever annoying but Ive moved on.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 rrs grill on my LR3

Here's what I used for my grill. 2010 rrs grill inserted into my stock grill.

Attachments

• IMG_6412.jpg
    IMG_6412.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 32

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't really purchase mine for off roading. I wanted something just a little smaller than the Tahoe I had but I wanted a V8 with enough torque to pull my bass boat and something to drive in the winter when the weather gets bad. If I was taking it off road then yes sliders would be my choice but since I'm not the running boards make more sense.

Strange but ok. You bought into a lot of BS while not needing any of it. Bizarre. So, for when you get tired of it's issues, I'd suggest instead, in all seriousness: a Lexus GX 470.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I used for my grill. 2010 rrs grill inserted into my stock grill.

So why the heck does your title say "2011" but you write "2010" ?

Which is it? I didn't know that any RRS grill would pop right into an lr3!

Looks good. Is it an exact fit with the mounting clips and all?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010-2011

So why the heck does your title say "2011" but you write "2010" ?

Which is it? I didn't know that any RRS grill would pop right into an lr3!

Looks good. Is it an exact fit with the mounting clips and all?

I meant to say 2010-2011 grill. The rrs grill needs to be cut out and than attached to the lr3 grill. There's a good "how to" over at disco3uk.

bonz

Reaction score
Just got 4 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers w/ 1-2k miles(still had rubber *******) mounted and balanced for $300 in Lancaster, PA. Just for example. Thought that was a pretty good deal.

How did you find these?

Tuglife

Reaction score
How did you find these?

I just kept searching Craigslist for a few months till I found the tires/deal I was looking for. The tires that were on it when I got the LR3 w/ 59k miles were likely original, or possibly the second set. They weren't completely bald but I knew I needed new ones as I actually got stuck in 4" of snow early this year. They were slippery as green river rocks after getting icy and wet. They still had enough tread to make it through the summer since I don't drive that much though so I just kept my eyes out. Lots of used tires for sale out there and I passed on quite a few sets of Cooper Zeon's and others because I had already picked up four Terra Grapplers for $200 that weren't evenly worn enough to my liking that I decided to use as spares instead. So essentially I now have 6 great tires and two emergency backups for $500. I'm a merchant mariner spending two weeks at sea every month so I've got lots of time to browse for parts.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99