random missfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Joey, Thank you for your help I have been working with Disco Mike diagnosing all the several problems I have been having.
Changed the O2 sensors and number one spark plug and wire finally process of elimination it got down to one of the coil packs were going out.

Here's what I did:

I discovered I had to change the coil packs out after some diagnostics one of my coil packs were failing. I decided to change out the coil packs myself. I discovered that the coils are on top of the bell housing between the intake and firewall a very hard access. After scratching the back of my hands up sufficiently I decided not to reinstall the coil packs in the same location. Disco Mike stated he has not see anyone relocate the coil packs successfully so I thought about it and figured it would be something I could do.

attached are some photos
I reconfigured the secondary air pump tube making it smaller and shorter. I was careful not to restrict the air flow.
I unwound the coil pack plug wires back to the passengers side and effected some repairs to the wiring harness while making the adjustments.
I made a stand that supported the coil pack bracket and allowed for the air pump flexible tube to pass through the stand.
I fabricated a plug wire support bracket to hold the plug wires in the correct location. It appears that the bracket is sufficient to maintain the wires and their routing. Presently I am using inadequate 7mm wires for cost savings.
I need to save up and order a new custom set of 8mm wires from Magnecor they said the price will be about $200.00. I used 7mm wires and the old plug ends to save money while I adjusted the wire lengths. I also created a heat shield to keep the manifold heat off the coils. It works very well and I can reach in and adjust the wires after driving for quite a while. Temps are considerably low in the new location.

engineoverall.jpg

airtubefirewall.jpg

7mmwirefitup.jpg

coilpacknowireshield.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4