Rant!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind we're talking about the internet - where everyone has a voice and can give their opinion while being practically anonymous. I see certain threads that I don't feel belong here but each to their own, I don't read them. Some people may not agree with my responses or threads but I guess that's the chance we all take by signing up for a forum like this. My main interest is gaining knowledge and sharing what I've learned. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesn't. Bottomline people come here to learn and share and we can't expect that every post and thread will match our interest level. 98% of the people are on here because they feel passionate about the product that they take the time to make posts about it, that's enough for me. As it relates to updates like "I washed mine today", "I drove by a sand dune", etc. - I've gotten used that sort of thing from friends facebook updates which is a whole other subject and ond where I feel like I am getting dumber from. Carry on now!

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of automotive forums I have been a part of are full of threads about modifying and DIY repairs, etc. As far as LR3s go there are not a lot of modifications available right now, and a lot of people dont really want to go taking these vehicles apart themselves... Plus parts and non-warrantied work can get kind of expensive for a lot of owners.

I think there is just a lack of subject matter, and enthusiasts who want to chat about their LR3s are doing so, even if it seems pointless to some others.

Neild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually never realized that this section was for "technical" posts. I thought it was just a general LR3 section. I enjoy the non-technical as well as the technical intertwined so I don't have to check two separate places.

Here here :hello:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually never realized that this section was for "technical" posts. I thought it was just a general LR3 section. I enjoy the non-technical as well as the technical intertwined so I don't have to check two separate places.

I agree, one forum only please for all related LR3 blather, but as others have said, the post should have sense of adventure or knowledge transfer. A car washing thread would only be valid if A) I found an exposed connector while washing last weekend's mud off the frame and was wondering.... or B) I used this polishing compound and it turned my black trims purple, watch out guys, stay away from this product!

As for what you did with your LR3 today, if you figured out a better way to transport a spare tire while offroading, share it, or maybe that at 17 mph, you can do a running shift down into Low Range, but at 18 mph, there were sparks and large grinding noises, let us know.... But if you just discovered that you can cross the drainage swale in the mall driveway apron without having to go into rock crawl super extended mode, maybe think twice about posting that.

It doesn't have to be about off roading, it doesn't have to be about ********* anything, it just needs to be adventure based, preferably, with photos.

The LR3 is a high-tech adventure mobile, post accordingly

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove through some deep mud earlier thyis year, but have worried about getting the engine cleaned . . . if I do a engine wash at the local car wash . . . will I be looking at an early christmas with regards to my dashboard?

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't take much issue with threads like "car wash" personally. What knowledge came out of it? Well, for me it was the info about reclaimed water used in commercial sprinkler systems... I knew they used it - but never would have thought about it hurting the paint!

So sometimes positive things come from seemingly useless posts.

And, if all else fails & you just can't stop yourself from ranting about posts you think are pointless;

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/what_is_ignorelist

It's that easy.

No need for users to alienate each other. Just block the ones you don't like. :biggrin:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a moderator nor do I have any say in this board, however the owner of this forum originally set it up this way for reason. This is a free country and if this forum isn't setup the way you like it you can create your own or I can leave. I intend to say nothing further on this topic

Anyone interested in moderating, please send me a PM. We could use some more help around Land Rover World. As far as the setup of the forums, things have changed over the years, and we will be looking at making some adjustments to forums and layouts soon.

Well, seeing that I'm not a good fit to this forum, I'll leave for good.

Thanks.

Like I stated in my original post some off topic discussion is ok. However it is my opinion that it is getting out of hand. All I ask is that people think for a second about what off topic post they are starting. Washing your rig and telling the world doesn't fit here IMO! Judging by some of the responses I am not the only one that feels this way. I am not a moderator nor do I have any say in this board, however the owner of this forum originally set it up this way for reason. This is a free country and if this forum isn't setup the way you like it you can create your own or I can leave. I intend to say nothing further on this topic

If we can get a better feel for what would be best for the community, we will happily modify a few thing around to make the information easier to find and use. Car washes for instance may fit into a broader general forum such as "Talk, Chat, and Write".

Well, seeing that I'm not a good fit to this forum, I'll leave for good.

Thanks.

CMG, Please don't leave on some people's opinions. Forums are interesting because people feel protected by anonymity, and therefore say things that are often too disrespectful. These comments should never push people from leaving. More discussion on this topic here please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut