Rattles In Your LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

I now have 1,400 miles on my 06' LR3 HSE and whenever i go over rough blacktop there is this awful rattle from the back of the vehicle... Has anyone else expiernced this ? also if any what other rattles have you had and what were there cures ?

bizdack

Reaction score
I just crossed 1.400 miles too and noticed some rattles. I suspect it could be the loadspace cargo cover.

L

lmonterz

bizdack said:
I just crossed 1.400 miles too and noticed some rattles. I suspect it could be the loadspace cargo cover.

Yes, last week I noticed some rattles on my HSE, so I investigated and discovered that they came from the loadspace cargo cover!!!

Best Regards,
Luca Monterzino

H

Houm_WA

Yep, it's the cover...so it's no biggie. However, I found that if you pull the cover to the position in which in partially covers the loadspace, the rattle becomes negligible.

L

LR34Me

I negotiated the sliding tray to be installed in the back of my 06 HSE which is a great feature for my wife to get grocery bags and stuff into the back of the truck. Want to talk about rattles....even the dealer said the clanking would drive him nuts.

The fix was wedging a piece of foam between the rear door and the tray itself.

The tray locks in place but there is enough play in it so it clankity clanks. But as I said without it my wife could not reach over the down folding door to access the full cargo space.

M

Matt_Grim2

Thanks, I just removed my Loadspace cover and took it for a drive, it did reduce the amount of rattle but still when I go over say a difference in blacktop or a pothole it rattles pretty bad from the back right corner plus a slight shake in dash... any one else have this problem ? if so what was the fix ? I would hate to think my 56k Vehicle has rattles

It goes to the dealer next monday to fex a few things, first time since i bought it, 1) rattle in front right door from Bass 2) sunroof won't open 3) rattle in the back

let me know...

D

dronedog

i think i am getting a rattle form the hand holds above the doors. a normal bump does not make it rattle but a jarring one does. i plan to put in some felt pads to try and stop it.
the dog

M

Matt_Grim2

let me know what you do...

how would i go about making the rattles go away in the dash ?

L

lmonterz

Matt_Grim2 said:
Thanks, I just removed my Loadspace cover and took it for a drive, it did reduce the amount of rattle but still when I go over say a difference in blacktop or a pothole it rattles pretty bad from the back right corner plus a slight shake in dash... any one else have this problem ? if so what was the fix ? I would hate to think my 56k Vehicle has rattles

It goes to the dealer next monday to fex a few things, first time since i bought it, 1) rattle in front right door from Bass 2) sunroof won't open 3) rattle in the back

let me know...

Did you inspect the toolkit panel located on the right side of the loadspace cargo?

Best Regards,
Luca Monterzino

S

schafari

For the amount of utility and gizmos in the LR3, I am surprised that it does not rattle much at all. Coming from an Audi A6 4.2 which did not rattle at all, the LR3 only has slightly more noises.

Ensure all things are snug in all cubbies. My biggest rattle which drove me nuts for two days, turned out to be the chest buckle on my child's car seat. I have to keep it buckled. Also check the that the tow bar is not making the rattle in its storage cubby. Remove it, and driver for a while.

Frankly, if I have any kind of rattle, it bugs me. So far, 2,100 miles, I am a-ok. Of course, I just have to get the speaker rattles to go away. . .

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635