Rear differential lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

JormaKario

Hi,

we just received my wife's new LR3 tonight, and it is great! One thing I can't figure out, and it is not in any of the manuals, is the rear differential lock. We ordered our car with the factory installed lock, but I can't seem to engage it. Any ideas? I will of course call the dealer in the morning, but am anxious to know sooner...

Otherwise the car is excellent and very very quiet! We used to have the previous Discovery, and this is a totally different car.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Terrain Response. All automatic. If you have Navigation w/ 4X4 Info, you can see when center (and optional rear) locks engage... but you have little control when.

F

Freeflytim

Awesome you got the truck.
Whats up with it being "my wife's" ?!
You're asking about the diff locks makes me think that YOU want it!
Is she gonna need them??? hah hah
The diff locks are automatic.
If you have the NAV screen and put it into 4x4 mode you can see them go in and out when needed.
You say you ordered it with "the factory installed lock" - they all come with a Diff lock, do you mean you ordered the Heavy Duty package with the EXTRA diff lock??

J

JormaKario

Hi,

thnanks for the reply. We ordered it with the extra rear diff lock. In Europe it's not called Heavy Duty package. What else is included in that? In the NAV display there are two locks that are open.

F

Freeflytim

When the NAV screen is in 4x4 mode, you can see them go from green to red when needed. You can't engaged them....they are automatic. Its cool. and they work.
I was in the woods with 6 other LRs last weekend and my stock DS/LR3 made it up a hill that two DS2s had to winch up 500 feet... and they where lifted and had decent tires.

J

JormaKario

Sounds good! I got the locks engaged by choosing rock/climb and disengaging DSC. I don't know if the DSC affects or not though... Has anybody tried to install bluetooth phones?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9