Rear Seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lmaddox66

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2000 DII and my rear seats, both sides, will not lock in upright position. I've tried everything. I can get both bases to lock but not the back of the seats, therefore I can't put my kids car seats in. I've searched this forum, but with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:smile:

Disco Squared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More information would be very helpful. Are you talking about the third row seats in the cargo area or the rear passenger seats?

bat-stang

Reaction score
If you could post up a couple of pics that would be helpful. I assume (!) you are referring to the jump seats? ...interestin'...

lmaddox66

Reaction score
My problem is with the middle row seats, not the jump seats. Someone please help. The "release lever" on both seats, when raised up, are popped up showing red.

mherson

Reaction score
Same Issue - Rear Seat Wont Lock and wont fold forward

I am new to this forum (first post) and hope this will bump back to the top
I bought an 2001 Discovery with the same problem.

The double seat is totally frozen. I cant release it to fold it forward.
I also cant lock the seat in the back position

Any ideas on where to start. It seems like I need to unfreeze, but not sure where to apply pressure or where to start dismantling.

thanks!
matt

ngv151515

Reaction score
i saw the same problem on a 2004 audi S4 i took it apart and found a plastic tap broke and got stuck in the latch part i had to replace the lock part of the seat

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99