Reg vs Premium fuel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People buy expensive cars then skimp...***? Those people I guess are biying cars they can't truly afford

well this comes off as a bit arrogant, doesn't it?
Maybe it's just a matter of some people don't like to unnecessarily **** away their money. I could also 'afford' to light fires with dollar bills, but it'd be stupid wouldn't it?

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well this comes off as a bit arrogant, doesn't it?
Maybe it's just a matter of some people don't like to unnecessarily **** away their money. I could also 'afford' to light fires with dollar bills, but it'd be stupid wouldn't it?

I don't want to come off like a d*ck, but it comes down to penny pinching. If you run 93/91 when you go off road or on road trips you must think it increases performance somehow...so why not run it all the time

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...maybe because it's not driven hard, and I don't put it to half of it's limit?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that higher octane fuel generally yields better fuel economy. Not a lot better, but enough to offset the cost difference. No?

Then no more arguing about it. The best thing is to run 93 and not look back.

...now you guys shake hands.

seanFLA

Reaction score
My wife was running 87 in the LR3 for a while. Then I went to drive it. :albertein Since it has the same identical engine as my RR Sport I noticed the difference immediately. The LR3 was sluggish and was doing it's own version of knocking. When she admitting to have been using 87 to save a few dollars, I pulled in to the nearest gas station (of course she was riding on "E" as usual)....filled it up with 91...and 15 minutes later the car seemed so much more happy and peppy. In a pinch I'll use 89, but nothing lower.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4