Replace key fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick at GAP and I have been on email throughout the day and it is my KVM ECU that I need to flash so I can program the key. What is the KVM ECU? Also, does the LR4 care if the key fob is 434Mhz or 315Mhz? How can I tell one from the other?

Thanks,

Parker

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patrick at GAP and I have been on email throughout the day and it is my KVM ECU that I need to flash so I can program the key. What is the KVM ECU? Also, does the LR4 care if the key fob is 434Mhz or 315Mhz? How can I tell one from the other?

Thanks,

Parker
Not sure of the official term but inside the IIDTool it is shown as KVM-Keyless (Vehicle Module?).

I had to do the same process to get my new keys programmed. Patrick will get you sorted out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I called the dealer and 315Mhz is the correct fob. I cracked open all the fobs and don't see a Mhz marking. The parts manager thinks that the 434Mhz might be European? Pat sent me a special IIDTool build for my LR4. Troy, glad to hear that it work for you with the similar issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi