Replacement Key FOB for 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spyder13

Reaction score
Lost one of my original keyless entry fobs for my 2016 LR4 and called the dealership for a replacement. It would be $550 and take 3-5 days to arrive, just the metal key replacement alone would be $120.
Bought a replacement on Amazon sold by USA remote for $69.99 with one day delivery. The dealership was able to program the remote for $125 and it works perfectly. Waiting to get the key made by a local locksmith. Either way, it was better than $550.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZWS4RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_7607.JPG

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the dealership programmed the remote you brought in. That's cool of them.

That said, if you had the GAP tool, you could have programmed it yourself.

Spyder13

Reaction score
They actually had to use a laptop. A local Rover mechanic could not do it with the GAP tool. He said the 2016 was too new after he spent about 45 minutes trying different methods. The GAP tool would id the new key but not program it.

2011LR4LUXAA

Reaction score
I programmed same key fob for my 2011 Lr4 using the Gap tool. I wanted to experiment since there is mix information about being able to programming the new key fob for older models. I was able to do it with no issues.

I like the new key fob as it is much smaller and the rubber cover seems much more durable than the older fob.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I programmed same key fob for my 2011 Lr4 using the Gap tool. I wanted to experiment since there is mix information about being able to programming the new key fob for older models. I was able to do it with no issues.

I like the new key fob as it is much smaller and the rubber cover seems much more durable than the older fob.

Which one did you get that is smaller?

I would appreciate a smaller fob. I hate carrying those things in my pocket, as is.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect timing...thank you for posting this. I was in southern Ohio for a week in 90+ degree heat and the rubber cover melted off my key fob.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72