Replacement Mityvac hose adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you change your own oil with a Mityvac, you know what I’m talking about. On the last oil change I did it disintegrated almost fell into the oil filler which was terrible. I’m trying to find a replacement one on their website and I can’t seem to find anything. Does anyone know where I could get a rubber hose adapter like this? The big box hardware stores didn’t seem to have it, the hoses are not rigid enough. I think as soon as I put pressure on them the thing will just fly off. I spent an hour on Mityvac’s replacement side and I don’t see one. Maybe I’ll go to true value.

looks like attached, thanks

Attachments

• 79E99B2F-FF7B-488D-A4F3-5B1A6201DE3D.jpeg
    79E99B2F-FF7B-488D-A4F3-5B1A6201DE3D.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 41

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hell with it I guess I’ll just spend $15 on Amazon for a .05 cent hose piece lol. Man Jeff Bezos has really ruined the world.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know the little rubber piece you mean. Quick google search turned up nothing. I believe they are called "tube adaptors" My looks ok. Perhaps try using a piece of thick walled rubber fuel injection line?

wallyyfm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually fuel hose might work, maybe I can just get a roll at autozone. Good idea thanks

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, after almost 6 years of use my rubber hose adapter is getting kind of loose. I'd like a new one, but haven't found one anywhere. It appears there's a part number for Mightyvac hose kits, but it looks like everyone who sells those is sold out.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I had silicone vacuum hoses laying around and that works pretty darn well. Just google "Silicone Vacuum Hose" and find the Inner Diameter (ID) of the hose that fits the Outer Diameter (OD) of the Mityvac tube. It's fairly inexpensive.

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV