Reverse Mirror Dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd rather have to screw around with some stupid multi click menu than simply turn a knob one click? :/ You're an odd one. Maybe I don't understand your meaning. Mine just dips all the time but I think I can move the dial one click to keep the mirrors upright if needed at the moment. WAY simpler than playing with some menu.

jwest,

I had my 'mirror dip' reprogrammed by my tech, because it was so annoying when backing the boat trailer. If I recall, he charged me around $50 for the 'procedure'! If I'm hearing you correctly, all I really had to do was simply move the mirror switch to the middle to keep the mirrors from dipping?! :eek:

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but it's just as simple. Open the owner's manual! :)

The flip of the knob is how it's done on VW/Audis. I turn mine to the passenger side mirror and it will dip on reverse. I leave it in the center or to the driver's side and it won't dip.

The LR is set through the menu in your gauge cluster. Just make sure you're parked and scroll through your gauge cluster menu. You should eventually see "Settings". Go into the setting menu and you'll come to a menu option that lets you select whether you want the mirrors to dip or not.

A lot of people don't know that you can adjust your mirror dip as well. If you have it enabled, but don't like the way it dips, you can put the car in reverse, then after they dip, adjust both mirror to the way you want and they will be saved like this. Now, every time you reverse, they'll go back to where you adjusted them. In this fashion, you can get just one mirror to dip (like the VWs/Audis) if that's your preference.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual lumbar wheel on my 2005 worked MUCH better that the electric one they have now...

What country are you in? 2005 in US had no lumbar control at all. 2004 Discovery 2 had lumbar but it was not on 2005 or 2006.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 has a hand wheel to crank. It does as close to nothing as could be imagined. Maybe it's actually a crank for something else and I always thought it was lumbar? :eek:

djatkinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cmb6s,

"Open the owner's manual! :)"

Yep, go figure! That's exactly what I thought the moment I hit the send button. :creep:

"If you have it enabled, but don't like the way it dips, you can put the car in reverse, then after they dip, adjust both mirror to the way you want and they will be saved like this. Now, every time you reverse, they'll go back to where you adjusted them."

I tried this, and if recall, it didn't work. I would back up, the mirrors would dip, I would adjust them to a position that would allow me use them, but if I returned to forward and back to reverse, they would dip right back to where they were before. That's what made it so annoying. :frown:

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just saying how they're _supposed_ to work. I make no claims as to how they function in reality. :D

My mirrors actually don't work correctly either. If I have them dip on reverse, then every so often, they seem to want to come back to the drive position while giving me a great view of the sky behind me. I was told that the seat memory module is what controls them, but it seemed like such a common problem that I haven't bothered with trying to replace it. Too much money for no guaranteed fix.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for kicks I tried it once more-- just to see... No dice.. I think if you do not have a seat memory HSE class, you will not have this feature.... but, on the + side I had the sense to get the HD package.. so I have a locker.

trickblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What country are you in? 2005 in US had no lumbar control at all. 2004 Discovery 2 had lumbar but it was not on 2005 or 2006.

I'm in the US...

Mine had it... it was a wheel on the lower side of the vertical of the seat.

I even had to have LR Austin replace the plastic wheel because it was broken during a repair...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635