Rock Slider Choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
so i have been emailing back and forth with adam from offroving about a set of sliders and am debating the RS option 2 versus option 2 slim. anyone have any thoughts? i still haven't seen a set in person. i like the look of the slims, but think i'd be better served from a protection stand point with the standards. on a side note, any of you going to SCARR down in texas in a couple of weeks? i am hoping their will be some LR3 guys with sliders for me to gander at. thanks!

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Option 2 sliders and have been very happy with them. I haven't seen the "slim" version, but I don't see where mine are too "fat". I think if you go back a ways in this forum there is a thread (seems like around 6 months ago, but it might be longer) that has some pictures of the slim sliders on member's cars.

David

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the opt2-slims. I love the protection, the look, the fact that that my pant legs dont drag/get dirty, and enough of a step for my 2 year old to easily get in. Link to picture in my signature...

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info! i had thought about the "dirty pant leg" possibility with the standard option 2's. i just know that i'd be kicking myself if i get the slims and then smash my lower door in. the lower profile does look nice.

morrisdl, that's a sweet looking rig!

Trynian

Reaction score
thanks for the info! i had thought about the "dirty pant leg" possibility with the standard option 2's. i just know that i'd be kicking myself if i get the slims and then smash my lower door in. the lower profile does look nice.

morrisdl, that's a sweet looking rig!

It will depend what type of offroading you do that will really make the difference. Down here in Southern California many of us have the option I so we do not get wedged in between rocks.

Up in the NW and other places where they do more around a lot of muddy trails with trees the option II keeps them from sliding into trees. The option II's stick out further to keep your upper door away from things because it is furthest out from the car.

The slims are more of an in between option and will protect the lower door also.

Either way you are more likely to ding up the upper door then the lower offroad regardless of which you choose.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the good input! i think the option 2 slims are going to be the way i go, i think the "hidden" protection is going to be the main thing i really need, and i am probably wasting time worrying about the option 2's versus 2 slims.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99