Rock slider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbouchard

Reaction score
I’m sorry if this has been asked before but I am considering installing rock sliders, preferably that double as a step. Any recommendations?

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Tactical Rovers sliders with the step.

They are heavy as hell, but they are legitimately bomb proof.

I have dragged them over tons of rocks, and other than hitting them with a little Krylon to cover the scrape marks they keep chugging along.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to just tell you to search, but if you do you'll find a wealth of information.

The short of it is that for off-road, Tactical or the Lucky8 (Proud Rhino) are the best.

For cheap money and only moderate protection, Terrafirma from Lucky 8 cannot be beat.

There are also Voyager sliders, but I think they are very similar to the Terrafirma ones.

Jazzy

Reaction score
I have tactical Rover with nerf bar/step. These are all I’ve ever used. Absolutely recommend them. Like avslash I’ve slid the LR4 along boulders with no issue to sliders or vehicle. Heavy but securing the air compressor and frame was worth the added weight.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve just installed Prospeed. Haven’t put them to a test yet but they look rock solid and have step inserts that you can leave in or out, as desired.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM