Rod Mod - Whose are best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends how short you go. I RUN 10MM AND IT IS MINIMAL. If you are going to run the rods full time WE RECOMEND GETTING AM ALIGNMENT DONE. Most guys only run the rods when they are hitting the trail unless they are running a 32" tire. I have ran the rods constantly for up to 3months at a time and never had any uneven wear. not to many people in the us have been doing the rods as long as i have.
when you say alignment are you saying have it done with the rod mod on or with the factory length? The only shop around here who will touch an alignment is the LR dealer, and if I strut in there with the lift kit, void goes my warranty. I had an alignment done just before I put Ryan's modified rods on and the tire wear seems to be even thus far. Just looking for clarification.
Thanks!

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wreccomend an alignment while they are on if you are running them 24 7 This is more of a concern if you are running the 275 65 size. What size are you running? If I was under warrantee I would just run it un aligned as to not screw with my warrantee.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pic of my rods

Attachments

• IMG_5379-1.jpg
    IMG_5379-1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 147

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 more:tongue:

Attachments

• IMG_5378-1.jpg
    IMG_5378-1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 143

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wreccomend an alignment while they are on if you are running them 24 7 This is more of a concern if you are running the 275 65 size. What size are you running? If I was under warrantee I would just run it un aligned as to not screw with my warrantee.

I'm running the Cooper Zeon LTZ's 285 65 18... but again still under LR extended warranty.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, sorry I've been looking at too many different tire sizes lately.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at the dealership today getting a couple things checked on and asked the service advisor about the shortened rods effect on mechanical parts. He is very knowledgable about the vehicles and I trust his opinion. He basically said it will have no effect on reliability of any of the mechanical parts, including the CV's. He said the only downside is handling and articulation. In general, he seemed to think it was ok and I got the impression that they wouldn't care if they were on full time. Then again, they told me that because they don't have a river to drive my LR3 through on site, I should go drive through another river to make sure the check engine light doesn't come on again in deep water... pretty cool.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been running it since late Febuary with no problems or un-even tire
wear. You do have to slow down a little especially on circular on/off ramps.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got Ryan's rods today and put them on in the driveway. It only took about 30 minutes to put them on and I didn't even have to take the tires off. A little WD-40 made the job very easy. Only problem is pulling into the garage with the Expedition Rack on. It fits by about an inch in access mode, but if I forget to lower it...that'll be expensive. Can't wait to try them out this weekend.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge