Rod Mod - Whose are best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. We've all seen the posts about the shortened rods and getting and extra 2 inches of lift out of it. Several people make them. At the risk of starting a celebrity death match :wink:, who makes the best ones and why, in your opinion? I'm pretty serious about wanting to get a set. Thanks. :help:

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say it is hard to say I have never had an issue with the ones I make. There is not much to go wrong with them. Dave makes a nice set as well. his are adjustable. which is a cool idea. but once you have them set at the height you want you are not going to adjust them again. So it is a cool idea but somthing you wont realy use. then you have to look at how much you want to pay. I think his are about 100 bucks more. so you have to say to yourself is an adjustable rod worth a etra hundred bucks. I have thouhgt of getting a set just to check them out I think he did a great job on them and they look cool. He put alot of work into them. If they were the same price I would buy daves adjustable rods but if I wanted a madified rod that is reliable and no chance in changing its leinght from outside factors such as vibration becouse you didnt get them tightend properly and you were driving down washboard roads to get to a trail. I would get the ones I make. I spend alot of time on dirt roads that can be chck holed and washbord enuf to make your teeth fall out and I will drove 50mph down them. I think the adjustibility is a cool feature but In my opinion it is also somthing to get loose and cause a problem. I have not heard of any problems so far, but it is somthing to consider.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dr. I didnt know you made them. I have a set from [email protected] that i thoroughly tested last week at Rausch Creek (pictures to come shortly). Even at $269, the extra 2" was worth every penny. I didnt mess much with the adjustment. Set each to 10mm shorter than stock and left it. I would have chosen $100 cheaper option, had I known it existed.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I sell mine for 160 bucks shipped
I was charging more but I got the parts guy to come down in price and so I am passing the savings on to other guys since I pay the bills taking care of patients.
I put my way thru school restoring vehicles for guys so I am comfortable messing with a vehicle.
I basicly take the stock rods cut them and fuse them back together perminatly

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan's are good. ...and at $160 there isn't really a need to find "better" ones. They are relatively simple so I don't know how much room for improvement there is.

billj214

Reaction score
Rod Mod

Does adding these rods make any change to the alignment of the vehicle? Would having adjustable rods allow some compensation to achieve the perfect ride height for the alignment or toe of the tires at normal ride height? Just curious!

Thanks.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does adding these rods make any change to the alignment of the vehicle? Would having adjustable rods allow some compensation to achieve the perfect ride height for the alignment or toe of the tires at normal ride height? Just curious!

Thanks.

It depends how short you go. I RUN 10MM AND IT IS MINIMAL. If you are going to run the rods full time WE RECOMEND GETTING AM ALIGNMENT DONE. Most guys only run the rods when they are hitting the trail unless they are running a 32" tire. I have ran the rods constantly for up to 3months at a time and never had any uneven wear. not to many people in the us have been doing the rods as long as i have.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the fixed length rods from RTE. Nice workmanship, but no idea about their specs (or price, or even availability... :dontknow: ) They were giving them away as samples to people with LR3 or RRS attending an event in Texas a few weeks ago.
DSCN0186.jpg

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Free samples?! Where's the love Texas guys? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4