Roof glass.....damn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason you couldn't get one of those glass repair guys to patch it? Or is it too big or you just don't like the sight of it? A grand is rough to swallow...

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be easy for me to forget about it. I don't even look up through there anyway. It's laminated double pane glass so I don't see how it could cause any problems...

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh...sorry folks. I forgot to mention. The glass is covered on my insurance. I have no deductible. So no worries.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Anyone recently have their glass roof replaced through insurance or FORD ESP warranty?

I know the ESP policy is says "glass not covered" but I'm assuming they refer to windows and windshield. Since this "glass" is part of the roof, does would it be covered under the policy or not? Any direction here?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have a way out, they will take it. And saying glass not covered is a pretty easy way out. It is glass after all....
I would imagine if it broke for some other reason than an impact, you might have an argument based on structural flaw or something but would be tough to prove.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW - my roof glass was covered as part of the standard window glass classification through State Farm.

cleppard

Reaction score
Glass repair

As long as the crack only terminated on one edge of the glass it can be repaired using the UV curing epoxy, one the crack gets to two edges of the glass it is impossible to repair.

If this happens to anyone in the future and they don't have glass coverage then $40 glass repair is much easier to swallow. You do however have to find someone that will do it, the big mainstream places wont touch cracks as they want to sell you new glass.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Spoke with ESP, they will not replace it but my insurance will- $500 deductive vs $1000+ out of pocket. not too bad. Thanks.

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On an extended camping/backpacking trip my roof glass cracked/shattered. It held together for thousands of miles with zero issue until the trip ended. It was $1,200 to replace. Ouch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick