Roof rack options thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think I've seen it yet on this thread, so I'll add it. I've had a Brownchurch for a few years on the LR3, and will continue to use it on the LR4 when it arrives. It uses the same attachments to the rails as the Expedition Rack, but it is much lower profile and only covers the shorter rails on the stepped up portion of the roof. I added a Thule wind deflector to the front, and it makes it nearly silent.
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Brownchurch. I came very close to buying one of those several times... Have you put any flooring on the rack?

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't needed to add flooring. It does well with the bags, boxes and camping equipment I've put up there so far.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like GD4 was a great trip!

Just went through your album, Boaz. Awesome. Must have made quite a memory with your sons. I'm looking forward to doing these kinds of adventures - though my sons are grown and in Seattle. I'll just have to convince my wife to join me! ;-)

Don't think I've seen it yet on this thread, so I'll add it. I've had a Brownchurch for a few years on the LR3, and will continue to use it on the LR4 when it arrives. It uses the same attachments to the rails as the Expedition Rack, but it is much lower profile and only covers the shorter rails on the stepped up portion of the roof. I added a Thule wind deflector to the front, and it makes it nearly silent.
DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0594.jpg

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, those pictures are outstanding. What I noticed the most was that none of the LR3 vehicles had major tires. Nothing looked bigger than 32".

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. All stock. 31.5" max on the tires. 285/60/18's. Cooper sponsored our first Great Divide trip and gave us all a new set of 5 Zeon LTZ's. I've been a fan ever since. Had the Nitto Terra Grapplers before as well. Both great options, and good balance of off road ability and on road quietness. After climbing the wall at Poughkeepsie Gultch, I've never felt like I needed anything more aggressive.
:driver:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True. All stock. 31.5" max on the tires. 285/60/18's. Cooper sponsored our first Great Divide trip and gave us all a new set of 5 Zeon LTZ's. I've been a fan ever since. Had the Nitto Terra Grapplers before as well. Both great options, and good balance of off road ability and on road quietness. After climbing the wall at Poughkeepsie Gultch, I've never felt like I needed anything more aggressive.
:driver:
Great photos!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM