Rover just wagging its tail?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we finally got all pieces together and made first spring/summer official outing on Rover. I am utterly impressed on how it went - while trails where technically superb, but snow and corrosion made them fun.

Only thing that bugs me - is it regular behavior for coil springs (never had such suspension type before) to go kind of wiggly sometime at highway speeds, with strong sidewind or abrupt gear change (or just release of acceration pedal, when you going in 3rd, and making like 60m/'h)? I feel that sometime vehicle just goes "wheeee" , almost like if it would just jump on springs and go to random side, like wiggling. I am normally driving around at like 20-45m/h ranges, so i never really felt it before. And all suspension components are pretty new.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Do you have sway bars? A properly tuned coil spring suspension rely on sway bars for the best on road manners.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, got still got both of them in place.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marc, i would think so too, but they are few months old HD OME's..

S

SNNIPER

Sergi Have You Got Hd Springs I Have Lovells And Mine Sits Nice Even When Loaded Up Taking Round A Bouts At70-75 Kmph

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its HD springs rated to 400+ft.. A tad bit over OME HDs :)

LRWheelman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your rear link bushings? Worn rear bushings make Rover squirrelly upon deceleration.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are brand new blue polybush :)

But i forgot to update thread - i found what was causing this weird behavior.
Rear left wheel hub decided to become loose. I repacked it and now truck handles nicely.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99