Rover Rocked the Offroad Rally in Ouray, Co

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great pics, wait til you get some tires and see what she is really capable of

Attachments

• 861255255_cnvDz-M.jpg
    861255255_cnvDz-M.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 101

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, just pause one of your videos (maybe up Hog's Back) and do a "Ctrl-Print Scrn" and voila!

@RvDUB: I'm happy that you got the LR3 out, but I'm not sure why you were amazed that it out-performed the Toureg. I've heard good things about the Toureg...but it's no Rover!

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool pics, looks like fun. Just wait till you put some all-terrain tires on it, you'll be really impressed. I once met up with a tourag at an offroad park here in texas. While following him, I was surprised how hard it was for him to get traction. He'd be able to go up the same paths as me, but he'd have a much more difficult time. That terrain response system really makes cake out of tough trails.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found this to be true when off-road with just about every other vehicle I've been with. ...even Defenders! I've long-held that Defenders are great due to their angles, mechanical-simplicity and toughness. I'd take the LR3's drivetrain over a Defenders any day. I'd take it over just about any other drivetrain, actually.

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've long-held that Defenders are great due to their angles, mechanical-simplicity and toughness. I'd take the LR3's drivetrain over a Defenders any day. I'd take it over just about any other drivetrain, actually.

My perfect car would be a Defender 110 with an LS2 swap and the Terrain Response system from the LR3, minus the air suspension. Don't know about the reliability, but it would be unstoppable off road. I guess a supercharged FFRR would come close to that, but I'd feel bad about denting/pin striping it. One can always dream I guess.

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great pics, wait til you get some tires and see what she is really capable of

Great shot!!!!! Funny thig is I almost pulled the trigger on some new Cooper Xeon's or Nitto Terra Grappler's! But the Rover dealer slapped on new Khumo M+S's when they put her on the lot so I figured why not guve it a try! And they worked very well for a road tire! Surprised me! But I know I will get something more aggresive when they wear out...

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool pics, looks like fun. Just wait till you put some all-terrain tires on it, you'll be really impressed. I once met up with a tourag at an offroad park here in texas. While following him, I was surprised how hard it was for him to get traction. He'd be able to go up the same paths as me, but he'd have a much more difficult time. That terrain response system really makes cake out of tough trails.

Thanks !!!! That sed to be me in the "T" scrapping and slipping! Just had to keep your foot in it and the "T" would eventually make it up. But the LR3 is a true off-road machine!!!!

RvDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@RvDUB: I'm happy that you got the LR3 out, but I'm not sure why you were amazed that it out-performed the Toureg. I've heard good things about the Toureg...but it's no Rover!

Honestly, I knew all the tricks and issues with the Touareg and knew what I had to do. I really had no experiance taking the LR3 offriad let alone on the same trails that I took the Touareg. Now the Tourage is a great truck. Don't get me wrong. We had a great 5 years with her. But the Rover just has a more solid and precise feel to her on teh trail.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635