Rubber Mat for LR4 Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moondog-sparky

Reaction score
Relatively new member here...
bought my LR4 in early March and love it! pushing almost 5k miles already and have no complaints whatsoever (and none of the previously mentioned electrical oddities).

the only thing that bugs me is the interior carpeting on the tailgate. i frequently put bicycles in / out of the back and i have to be very careful to avoid getting the greasy chaingring on the carpeting on the extended tailgage. it seems to me that this is targeted as an active SUV and being heavily used supporting out door activities - which means the tailgate will be down frequently and exposed to outside weather, mud, etc.

LR offers a nice rubber mat for the back bed of the vehicle, but nothing for the tailgate...which i find odd.

anybody know of any form-fitting rubber or plastic mats that cover the tailgate when it's down? right now i'm making do with a large towel...which is a bit annoying.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was going to ask the same question. I just ordered the cargo mat, but was a little concerned about the beige carpet still uncovered on the tailgate.

Personally, I think the entire cargo area of every SUV should be rubber - regardless of how luxurious the rest of the vehicle is.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to bug these in the US? Do you know the Land rover part number?

ricker

Reaction score
The cargo liner sold by Atlantic British does not cover the tail gate - please refer to the original post.

The LR part number is VPLAS0015.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM