Screen lock-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtp4

Reaction score
I had a problem this week - now fixed - just posting in case someone else gets the same problem and needs help diagnosing it:

Turned on the truck one day (2011 LR4 HSE lux) and the LR logo came on the screen as usual - but stayed there. Would not finish booting up. Many restarts, same problem, just a big logo on the screen. Everything screen-related was dead, i.e. no radio, no nav, even the hard buttons underneath were dead (no beeps), CD eject button dead, everything related to the screen. But everything else in the car worked just fine. The only fault that ever displayed on the TFT was "camera system fault".

Brought it to the dealer, they scanned codes but only got the camera fault. They tried uploading new software - didn't help. They kept it overnight and next day found one of the MOST cables had become disconnected. All back to normal again.

So simple to fix, but took 1.5 days to troubleshoot.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
LR has a pretty crappy QA program, apparently. No excuse for this really.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually there is a fix they probably didnt tell you the whole story. it is a software issue wich keeps the infotainment relay from clicking over. it needs new software update for front entertainment module. theres is a bulletin that his been out for a while. I worked for the factory for 7 years. now venturing on my own

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72