Cameras weak and flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loowee

Reaction score
Lr4 2014 HSE here with the camera box square connectors. I read this model is not compatible with the equalizers. Rear camera and passenger side mirror have gone blue weeks ago and never came back. I see some noise on the blue screens but thats it. Other cams work fine.

Where can we get a wiring diagram for the rear cam cable run ? Cant be that long to trace and find the loose connector or cable fault.

Thx guys !

loowee

Reaction score
Anyone ?
What are the odds that 2 camera died.in the same month ? Camera box defective or wiring issue ?

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring diagrams are in the service manual. You can find a free copy of it if you have skills of a pirate or you could pay for it but those sites probably stole it anyway.

loowee

Reaction score
I heard many issues were fixed using video equalizers on every camera line but also heard that these wont work.on the square connector model ( american?). I just want to know what solution owners with the square connectors have since they dont seem to be compatible with equalizers. I am about to order a new camera box but only passenger and rear cams are down so its clearly powered up and working for some of them.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you buy a new module.
Swap the mirror cameras and see if that fixes your problem.

loowee

Reaction score
Thx Rover ! Awesome idea. Had to do some connector tweaking since they have specific grooves but I just managed to do the swap and by god, the RH mirror cam works on the LH mirror side connector !

That means cable is not faulty. Did the exact same connector tweak on the LH cam connector and tested it on the RH cam connector and working camera does not show up anymore.

I then figured it has to be the video box. Opened it and checked boards. Looks like everything is fine in there but could be a chip going dead without any trace.

Am I at the stage of changing the camera module now or is there any repair tips for it ? 2 ports out of 5 seem to be faulty from what Incan diagnose.

Thx again !

loowee

Reaction score
Looks clean. Its basic cctv connectors so must be fixable unless chips are concerned.
Black port is rear cam - defective
Blue port is RH mirror cam - defective

1000005333.jpg
1000005332.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72