Relocating backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just yesterday, I installed a WickedHD WRC-117 ($12 at Amazon!) middle of the spare tire plate, peaking out through where the center cap should be. Works great! But….I can’t shut off the parking lines, in spite of the instructions saying to “clip the green wire.” It’s fully potted inside, where I suspect that wire is. I will probably look for one without the guides.

For those wondering, all I did was tap the 12V supply from the rear cigarette lighter for the supply voltage, then routed coax to the existing camera, where I cut the blue and white wires (blue is core, white is shield) and splice in the video from the new camera. So the stock camera is still there, just not doing anything except telling the computer that it's there.
That's great news! I'm stoked to hear it's working for you and that it seems like there's a standardisation around the video signals. I've wanted to upgrade/replace the factory camera with something that has better low light performance.

Have you noticed a difference in image quality with your new camera?

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news! I'm stoked to hear it's working for you and that it seems like there's a standardisation around the video signals. I've wanted to upgrade/replace the factory camera with something that has better low light performance.

Have you noticed a difference in image quality with your new camera?
I think the new camera has higher resolution than the old, but I haven't really tested it at night yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99