Need help identifying a loose plug between the battery box and the passenger side air box...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, was running a couple aux wires to the main battery box the other day and I found this plug/wire just hanging loosely between the battery box and the air box, passenger side. I did a Google search based on the part # on the plug and the only thing that popped up was an air temp sensor connector. My assumption now leads me to believe it might need to be connected to the passenger side air box, but I'm not sure. Anyone know if this should be connected or is it a diagnostics plug that reads air temps and is maybe only plugged into a diagnostic tool at the dealer and should remain unplugged otherwise? Thanks!

IMG_3352.jpeg
IMG_3353.jpeg
IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3357.jpeg

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's for the transit relay. Disconnects the battery from the vehicle, until the PDI is done.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, used in shipping. Should be capped off and stowed away out of the way.
I did find the cap for it as well (in one of the pictures) and put it back on and tucked it back where I found it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick