Screwed yet again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover to Factory Install SIRIUS Satellite Radio

23 March 2005, 12:00pm ET

SIRIUS to be Offered on Select 2006 Models

NEW YORK, March 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced that Land Rover plans to offer SIRIUS as a factory-installed option on the following 2006 Model Year vehicles:

* Range Rover
* Range Rover Sport

http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991118/NYTH125

Land Rover plans to offer SIRIUS on the Range Rover and Range Rover Sport in July of this year. Both vehicles will come with factory-installed head units that display artist, song title and category when playing SIRIUS. Additionally, Range Rover will feature a touch-screen interface.

"Land Rover and SIRIUS are made for each other," said Doug Wilsterman, Senior Vice President and General Manager OEM Division for SIRIUS. "Every Land Rover vehicle is a statement about quality and individualism, and SIRIUS is the perfect complement to that spirit."

"With SIRIUS, Land Rover drivers will now be able to have access to the best programming in satellite radio, no matter where in the United States our vehicles take them," said Richard Beattie, Executive Vice President, Land Rover North America. "Land Rover is dedicated to providing its customers with a premium driving experience, and SIRIUS will be a fitting enhancement to our offerings."

About SIRIUS

SIRIUS delivers more than 120 channels of the best commercial-free music, compelling talk shows, news and information, and the most exciting sports programming to listeners across the country in digital quality sound. SIRIUS offers 65 channels of 100% commercial-free music, and features over 55 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95. SIRIUS also broadcasts live play-by-play games of the NFL and NBA, and is the Official Satellite Radio partner of the NFL.

SIRIUS radios for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are manufactured by Alpine, Audiovox, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Delphi, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sanyo and XACT Communications. Available in more than 25,000 retail locations, SIRIUS radios can be purchased at major retailers including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Office Depot, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart and RadioShack. SIRIUS is also available at heavy truck dealers and truck stops nationwide.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Q. Did I just buy a new LR?
A. Yes

Q. Would I like Sirius Sat?
A. Yes

Q. Can you already get sat radio in cars that cost tens of thousands of dollars less than I paid?
A. Yes

Q. Screwed how?
A. See above

Not screwed like someone came to get me... Screwed like my ex found out she liked **** after I broke up with her... more like that.

T

texas911

I wish we got sat radio, but we didn't. I also wish we got CD Text and mp3 text, but oh well, at least with a 6 disc mp3 changer its almost like an iPod. One thing that sucks for me is that I ripped all my songs with iTunes using ACC and am now having to convert my entire library to mp3s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635