SCV6 Crankshaft Torque and Sequence

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdtim

Reaction score
Just got my repaired SCV6 block back from the machine shop and eager to get it back together.

Does anyone know the torque # and sequence for the crankshaft main caps?

It seems as if LR "forgot" to include this info in the repair manual. Is there a separate engine teardown/rebuild manual?

steevo

Reaction score
Just checked the workshop manual I have and it doesn't have a spec either, sorry. Maybe try a manual for a Jaguar AJ126?

sdtim

Reaction score
Ugh, so frustrating. Even the dealership didn’t have the info. Next step is to call repair shops that specialize in selling refurbished LR engines. There are a few in LA. I’ll post my findings.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR Time (YouTube) have worked on re-connecting the crank to the block; I suspect they cover the bolt sequence and torque if you're willing to watch the respective videos; they recently rebuilt a LR4 engine but not sure if the diesel and petrol engines are the same? Good luck.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLR doesn't consider lower engine repairs to be a user serviceable repair.

If I remember correctly. Each crank bolt had like 6 steps for tightening, and the heads had to be installed prior.

Longtrail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the video I was referring to:

It's interesting to watch around 8mins but then the final tightening starts around 15min40s

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72