SE or HSE?

• SE V6

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Se V8

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • HSE

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I know, Mr. Bigs....I was just playing the role of your counterpart. No worries.
@roverman: you are probably right about this not being in the right section but there are plenty of non-tech threads going and you could always simply choose not to read a thread, right?

You'd certainly think it was possible for me to not read it, but I have this particularly **** side of me that pretty much HAS to read every post. Doesn't seem anything can be done about it. I don't expect things to change just because of my post - in fact, If I have something non-technical to say, I'll probably say it here too. I can't say I know how to get everyone to post in the appropriate place, it'd probably be a pretty tough task. But when a new guy has a question and everybody tells him to 'search', it's not easy to find your answer when you have to wade through hundreds upon hundreds of threads that aren't even remotely technical in nature.
That's all I got, just felt like saying what I was thinking.
Peace to all :biggrin:

Geotrash

Reaction score
Mine was an anomaly- an SEV8 with the 3rd row seats, nav, tech, cold weather and HD packages. I think the only things it doesn't have are the memory seats and the higher power stereo. Got a fair (but not great) deal.

Dave

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was ok either but I needed 7 seats and wanted nav...which other than the lockout nonsense is actually a very good nav system... for the 4x4 info alone. Then I discovered the HSE stereo and that was it.

I wound up getting a loaded HSE with the HD package 400mi from home for less than the SE's with nav were going for at home.

Adaptive xenons and nav would have been mandatory had I went for the SE. And the cooler box is more useful than one may think.

Geotrash

Reaction score
And the cooler box is more useful than one may think.
Yes it is. Very happy with this little feature on trips into the mountains. I found it does a better job keeping things cold than chilling them down if they're warm, but it definitely keeps soda cans well chilled.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kingfishgrapeja: adaptive Xenons aren't an option on the SE

Learth

Reaction score
I see 2 votes for the SEV6, just curious why that would be the preference over the SEV8 or HSE?

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Originally considered a low mileage '06 V6, 7 passenger. But then after looking at multiple SEs with the V8, the prices were slightly more but felt there was better value for the SE. However in the end, the absolute best buy was a 06 HSE loaded with all options and low miles. It sold for less than all the LR dealer CPO SEs in the Dallas area.. at that point in time when we lived out there... Later I added the ESP warranty and it has paid for itself multiple times. In the end, I'm a happy LR owner...

cmotomn

Reaction score
HSE with every factory option including Heavy Duty! Go big or go home! :)

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 SE7 V6.

First, on the trim level issue, I had absolutely no interest in an HSE. I am a bit of a minimalist and am interested mainly in simple function over convenience or luxury per se. Not an affordability issue, just what I am looking for. The value proposition was extremely high on the particular vehicle I purchased. That's not to say that one couldn't find the same value proposition on a loaded HSE at any particular time, obviously some have. For me, the third row seats were a must for maximum functionality.

On the the V6 over the V8 issue, I spent considerable time and due diligence researching both motors. My conclusion was that they are both very solid, durable engines. Those are my main concerns. Based on MPG comments I've read here, I believe the V6 gets slightly better real world mileage than the 8. From a perfomance standpoint, no complaints with the 6. Everything being equal and at the same price, the V8 certainly makes sense. For another $2K - $3K on a used LR3, not worth it to me personally.

Everyone has different views and strategies when it comes to buying a vehicle whether it's a Chevy or a LR.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM