Service Schedule +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Recently bought a 2010 LR4 so I'm new to the forum...

Whats the service schedule for my vehicle, car is about to hit 60,000 miles.

Also what is the part number for the wing mirror entry light bulb ? or whats it called at least and i can search for the part.

Thanks.

Guy

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunatly for you, the age or your car takes precedence over the mileage. everything in the link should be done.
https://congletonservice.com/service-schedule/LR4.pdf

its pretty much like any other car.
oil change. do it every 5-7.5k rather than 15k miles.
cabin filter 1x per year
engine filters every 60-75k.
replace brake fluid every 2-3 years.
replace spark plugs at 100k.
replace engine coolant every 80-100k.
replace belts at 100k. schedule says 150k, but that seems like a lot to me. better safe than sorry and do it early.
fuel filter is a 10year part. but requires tank drop to do. id skip it unless your having fueling issues.
BG44k fuel system cleaner 1x per year. do not skip this. it actually makes a difference, and could alleviate the need for fuel filter replacement.
replace transfer case and diff fluid every 60-75k miles.
replace trans fluid and filter every 10 years. replace it with a 2pc pan/filter. the original pan has the filter built in and requires ALOT of work to install. the 2pc kit can be slid in place without other parts removal.

a very odd item in the service schedule is flexible brake line replacement every 6 years. this is kind of an annoying job to do. if your brake lines are good, show no bubbles, cracks, etc...just clean them up and use a dressing on them to keep them from drying out.

the bulb your looking for is miniature wedge # 2825. this is the bulb type, not the land rover part number. you can pick it up at any parts store.

Guy Harding

Reaction score
Thanks Daytona for you comprehensive and yet depressing response :(.

What is the mirror bulb light called, I need to look a video of how to change it out !

Guy

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the kind of bad news.

Forgot to mention, add to your list the front and rear coolant crossover pipes. They get brittle with age, leak, and cause immediate engine failure. Better to be preventative about them.

Water pumps typically have a 60k lifespan on these cars too. You could leave it until it leaks if you want. They don't usually instantly fail. Itll give you a little leak as a warning.

Neither of these things are maitnance bt LR standards, but common failures that people have learned over the years.

The bulb has many names. I'd call it a puddle light bulb.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting a 2010 LR4 with low mileage! Try and be proactive on the servicing but like anything mechanical, things will break. I've got about 230,000 miles on my 2010 and it's my daily driver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM