shade from the sun?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
i've been trying to shield my left arm and side of face from the sun beating down on it while driving and so far haven't found the right intervention. i tried applying the static cling type baby shade, which did work, but left me feeling that my peripheral vision was not up to par. i've also tried just covering my arm which also helps but leaves the side of my face exposed. is anyone aware of another product i could try? (LR4 2013)

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some do tinting on the driver and passenger side windows which may help. Can you possibly attache the baby shade half way down the window - just below your field of vision? (Pretty hard to protect your face without impairing your vision although tinting may help - just make sure you are OK with how much darker your windows will be when driving at night.)

joyce

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion, i'll check around and see if i can test drive a vehicle that has that to see about the night driving. what about the little "hoods" that i have seen on some windows- do you know if those are for shielding rays?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly the problem my SO has
She hangs one of those springy sunshades from the sun visor far enough back that she has a clear view of the rearview mirror.
She also wears a Mountain Hardwear long sleeve sunblock shirt with light wrist-length fingerless gloves.

joyce

Reaction score
good ideas, thank you. gonna try that visor position asap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick