should i buy range rover or discovery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverboy3766

Reaction score
i am interested in buying a used land rover discovery or range rover. i want one any year from 96 to 2000. i can only spend to about 8000 dollars. would i be better off getting a discovery or ranger rover. and what are the most common problems with discovery and range rover? i really need some advice. my family is teling me not to get any kind of land rover because they are hard to work on and they are a you know what to get fixed. i drive a 96 range rover now but as much as it would cost to get fixed, i could get another rover. i tell my family that there is nothing like a rover and that is all i will every drive. so which is the the better choice as far as cost, age, and reliablitity. and what you get for the money. discovery or range rover?

DiscoCoveII

Reaction score
for your money you are most likley to find a better discovery than a range rover, i love both models just the same, my advice would be to buy whichever vehicle you can find in better condition you could propbably find a pretty good disco I, for around that price if i was you thats what i would probably go with.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it all depends on what you want to do with it and the room that you want. The disco has the rear jump seats and the diff locks. Directional heating like the Range Rover but the disco has it to where it will reach the back with the jump seats. Disco's also have the sufari windows and the two sun roofs now that I got mine to stop leaking..!.. The Range Rover is a really good Vehical too it has it's ups and downs. I own the 97 Disco se7 and I bought my wife the 97 Range Rover se. If I had my choice I would take them both. Just the way I have it. Mine I use off road alot more and my wife uses hers for in town / some off road.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM