Should I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoveLandRover

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum. Need your advice if you don’t mind.
There’s a 2014 RR Sport HSE that has caught my eye. Only 48,000 miles on it. Very clean as well. Really tempted to buy it. Price…37,500

Any advice before I decide is appreciated.

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
My advise with any used vehicle, not matter the brand. Get a service history if possible and a carfax or similar.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, new to forum. Need your advice if you don’t mind.
There’s a 2014 RR Sport HSE that has caught my eye. Only 48,000 miles on it. Very clean as well. Really tempted to buy it. Price…37,500

Any advice before I decide is appreciated.

Thanks!
Like Joey said, see if you can get the service history and a carfax on it. Is this at a dealer?

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it's from a LR dealer, is it 'Certified'? (LR extended warranty). Or will they 'Certify' it?...if not, why not? Of course there are usually $'s attached to that, but it's a good extended warranty and the price may be negotiable.

divegoddd

Reaction score
All good advise, I'm driving full size 2014 RR 5.0L 47,800 clean. The best I would expect is around $37000. I would try for a little less after seeing it. I drove 600 miles round trip to buy used 5 years ago at $60,000 with 22,000 miles...

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good advise, I'm driving full size 2014 RR 5.0L 47,800 clean. The best I would expect is around $37000. I would try for a little less after seeing it. I drove 600 miles round trip to buy used 5 years ago at $60,000 with 22,000 miles...

As far as CarFax goes, several LR's have been seen at a LR dealership that were clean but had damage repairs done by owners to body shops, one of those cash repairs no records required. This at a LR dealership service writer also a personal friend.

Wow, this cost you $0.89 a mile to drive in dropped value before adding the cost of needed repairs. A rental vehicles can be had at a cheaper rate in $$$/mile.

doc5339

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a serious gearhead who enjoys problem solving and wrenching, do not purchase this RRS without and Extended Land Rover warranty or at least CPO warranty. The best way to own a Land Rover, Jaguar, BMW etc is under factory warranty and even then it can be a frustrating experience.

Many will argue how Land Rover reliability is sooooo much better now and they might be correct for the most part; reality is there are many electronic modules and component-level issues requiring expensive replacements.

If you must have this vehicle, you are getting great advice about having detailed service history, Carfax.AutoCheck, and definitely have a third-party Pre-Purchase Inspection from a vetted professional before you purchase.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut